2013/04/11

Rogueliking-it

Recently, in my quest for cutting corners inspiration, I came across an interesting project with similarities to mine:




Apart from being a kickass roguelike, this project is similar to mine not only in theme, but also in some general gameplay aspects, such as:


  • Top-Down perspective.
  • Line-of-Sight mechanic.
  • Procedurally-Generated maps.
The big differences would be in my project being real-time and meant to be played as a Cooperative game, as opposed to the single-player turn-based focus of DooMRL.

Another important similarity is that both projects make use of their own assets (images, audio, map layouts) rather than using the originals, thus giving each their own personality.

DooMRL, in fact, even has a "pure" roguelike mode with ascii-art!

So I guess what I'm saying is that, if you like both Roguelikes and DooM, you owe it to yourself to check this game out!

No comments:

Post a Comment