2017/07/15

DooM fangame: Progress Report #1 - Re-Setting Up

So, it's been over two weeks since I decided to set a final-ultimate-this-time-for-realsies deadline.

Stuff I've done in this time:
  • Updated the Projects page on this site. Cleaned up a few old scripts and made it all look a bit better. Still needs work, particularly the mobile version, but the whole blog needs a bit of a cleanup as far as coding goes, the standard Blogger template I don't completely like, and it's fun to tinker about.

    I'm happy about the hand-drawn DooM fangame logo though.

  • I've set up the development environment for LWJGL3 properly, mainly by looking up decent tutorials that gave me a basis for all I need (tiles, sprites, shaders, UI) and adapting it to my coding style.

    So I expect to have some workable demo to show here in a short time.

    The code I'm using is from ElegantWhelp's LWJGL3 tutorials.

  • Just right now I found out that my scanner is still alive! I was already looking for replacements, but it seems like the poor thing (it is more than 10 years old!) was just being bullied by the OS, which was taking its sweet time to recognize it over the USB connection.

    This means I've been able to scan the following entry.

  • I got a cover!


    The above is a low res version of the scanned inks. I will colour in and pixelize the whole thing digitally, possibly using Krita, which I'm taking a liking to, although I expect the result to be as pixely as the above (320x240).